Heavy Metal Detox
The heavy metal detox is not as prescriptive as the gut healing protocol! All you need to do is incorporate as many of the different substances I list below as you can, into your daily routine, for 3-4 weeks. It’s very important to keep taking TUDCA during the detox, to keep your bile flowing.
Consider having your old mercury-based fillings removed by a dentist who knows how to do this safely, if you haven’t already done so.
If you wear underwire bras, consider changing them out to ones with a plastic underwire, or no wire at all.
Each of these substances work in a different way, to eliminate different metals. As a minimum, take Bio-Chelat® and zeolite. Keep taking the liver support supplement you got for the liver detox, as well as drinking the tea.
- Bio-Chelat® (this amazing supplement replaces the old EDTA that could only be administered through a drip)
- ½ t baking soda (bicarbonate of soda) in some warm water, 2-3x a week
- Chlorella – especially good for mercury detoxing
- Reishi mushrooms
- Burdock – use the leaves in your juice if you grow it, eat it as a spinach, or make a tea with the leaves. Every part of this amazing plant can be used, from the spiky flowers to the root.
- Bentonite clay on its own – ½ teaspoon shaken up in warm water; or added to bone broth. Take away from other food (1-2 hours)
- Activated charcoal. 1 heaped teaspoon daily, away from any other supplements (1-2 hours), as it can absorb them too. Activated charcoal can cause constipation – if it does, lessen the dosage.
- Boiled bamboo leaves. See if you can find a stand of bamboo on a river nearby, wash the leaves well and boil them for 5 minutes to make a delicious tea. As with all herbal teas, add a bit of raw honey and lemon juice to taste.
- Crystal energy drops
- Coriander (cilantro) leaves, juiced into your daily juice or sprinkled on food. A small handful is enough.
The following supplements assist the body during a heavy metal detox:
- Milk thistle (supports the liver as you detox)
- NAC (N-Acetyl Cysteine) (supports the liver and kidneys)
- TUDCA (keeps the bile ducts open)
Incorporate some of these into your lifestyle after the detox, for example the baking soda, bone broth, bentonite clay, bamboo leaves, burdock etc. We are constantly exposed to heavy metals and these will help you keep a ‘clean house’.